Self-Portrait

Sunday


You remind me of the lessons the kaleidoscope taught me.

I never knew such beauty could shine through the plethora of sharded glass.

Cavorting with you in our golden tube, showered by the rainbows of a future memory.

A nicotine kiss in the crystal smoke reminds me of the lessons you're about to teach me.



A diamond embedded in your chest, piercing excruciating passion through the bars of the bird cage. Who let her go?

I leave this diamond here in her memory, and a withered rose for the dead.

I slumber, somnambulating in concentric circles between the bars of bones, awaiting the revenant's return.

She's already here, isn't she?



Excuse me, it's just my peculiarity of painting disease pretty,

with my can of words and brush of lips.


3 comments:

  1. beautiful...write a novel

    ReplyDelete
  2. more dedicated to blogging than me, are you young, are you old, are you tetris, a different shape every time, are you sublime, i'm the flight of the bumblebee, gone in a cloud of smoke, you seem old, yet young, sorry i spoke, i am Mr Toad, poop poop, its the very thing, gone, caring but not bright , say the wrong, give fright, like a hag, but thats not my bag, best Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I think I have seen that last sentence.. xD

    I love this one too, specially this:

    "A diamond embedded in your chest, piercing excruciating passion through the bars of the bird cage. Who let her go?

    I leave this diamond here in her memory, and a withered rose for the dead."

    Mmm, nicotine kiss! xD

    You lied to me! This is really poetic! You're such a great writer.

    ReplyDelete

Write me something pretty.