Self-Portrait

Friday

My friend Shadow


Shadow tries to slip away

So she sews him to my sole

A dim reflection of me he is

Like a dark visual echo


In certain light he multiplies

In darkness he escapes

But the revenant returns again

In reflected hostile shapes


Sometimes he walks afore me

And other times behind

But within my heart I know

He's there, and in my mind


Shadow tries to extricate

Tugging stitches which bind us

And all I wish to eradicate

Are the memories which defined us


Shadow tried to slip away

And this time he succeeded

I miss his darkness dancing

Because it's what my soles have always needed.

1 comment:

  1. *w*

    Aww, that was beautiful! You're a wonderful poet. You can make things beautiful even if they're not. I love your brain *wants to steal it*

    ReplyDelete

Write me something pretty.