Self-Portrait

Sunday

Internal Haunting

I remember now...
Today I saw our ghosts sitting side by side, watching the world spin away from them as they silently sipped their coffee.
Did you spin away with it?
Is that what happened?
I watch you turning on your axis, spin spin spinning, so fast it makes me dizzy, sick, nauseous...
I don't spin anymore, just hover; incorporeal and weightless.
Now I'm watching another ghost, soaked in a halcyon day, spinning on a playground roundabout.
The bruise-like scars remind me how I jumped off too fast, my ghost couldn't keep up, so she spins there still.
The halcyon stains me blue.
I'm cold.

2 comments:

  1. Want me heat?

    Haha you like the spin thingy, don't you? Really, how can you write this good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When your eyes are constantly spinning, I guess everything outside appears to be too... =)
    Thank you, lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Write me something pretty.